Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP CM1312nfi MFP
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When I print a single page everything is fine. If I print a multi page document or multiple copies of a single page document the printer always jams when it starts to feed in the second page. I pull out the paper tray and there is the page that's jammed. It has maybe pulled in one inch before it stops and I can pull it back out very easily.

It's very odd, you would imagine it's the same path and everything for subsequent pages as it is for the first one.

I'm using regular 80gsm laser copier paper. The print quality is great, just the jamming is annoying, and it now makes a rubber squeaky waaaa-waaaa-waaaa sometimes when it's printing or calibrating which it would be nice to get rid of.

My paper is new and not damp at all.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

does it jam if youre using the manual feed tray? if not, i'd suspect your tray 2 pickup assembly or perhaps the pick up roller in tray 2 is worn/dirty.  As far as the noise goes, try removing your cartridges and replacing one at a time, see if you can pinpoint the noise.  

HP Recommended

There is only one paper tray and no manual or by-pass feed tray on this model. The rear access door is for clearing jams only.

HP Recommended

second page always gets jammed whie printing multiple page documents in mfp 1136

HP Recommended

None of these answers have been even remotely helpful so far. This forum is a waste of time.

HP Recommended

Well i think you should replace the paper pick up roller on this machine.If the problem still arises   up the machine might have a sticky clutch feeding the paper more than once .This can cause the noise.Maybe just have the printer serviced if this does not help you to find the problem,

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
HP Recommended
Were you able to find an answer about your problem? I have exactly the same issue with the same printer. I read in another forum post for the same issue but for an older hp printer that the it is due to a worn spring in the separation roller.... curious if you found a solution
HP Recommended

Do as followed:'

1. Replaced the pick-up roller -> If you don't maybe itll be still ok.

2. do as followed -> it will slow down you machine's speed but reduce the jam problem.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Hp-color-laserjet-cp2025-goes-into-cleaning-calibrat...

You need to make the below changes using the EWS or Toolbox:

* Do not change/modify any settings in printer drivers. Leave the printer drivers with default settings.

In System Tab and Paper Handling:
Default Paper Size: A4 or Letter
Default Paper Type: Plain
Manual Feed: Off
Tray 1 Size: Any Size
Tray 1 Type: Any Type
Tray 2 Size: A4 or Letter
Tray 2 Type: Heavy 111-130g
Tray 3 Size: A4 or Letter
Tray 3 Type: Heavy 111-130g  

In Paper Out Handling:
Select Specify Time and Action.
Paper Out Time: 0 Seconds
Paper Out Action: Override

In System Tab and Print Quality:
Power-On Calibration: 60 Minutes
Calibration Timing: 168 hours   

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply!

I try the second suggestion first, changin the settings in the system tab per your instructions and it did not fix the issue. Then I proceeded to order the original HP pickup and separation rollers in Amazon ($8 to $10), replaced them and that totally fixed the issue. No more jams!

HP Recommended

I'm glad that resolved the problem.Have a nice Day.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.