Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

KrazyToad, would these same steps be accurate for me with an Officejet 8600 and a HP Laserjet Pro MFP M426FPW?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MooseIsLoose

Thanks for keeping me posted

Please run the HP Print And Scan Doctor from this Link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe on both your computers

Run PSDR v5.0.2 

Once the PSDR detects the Printer, it will show up the IP address and Software Status. 

Select the correct Printer and click on Next. 

PSDR will check if the Printer is on the Network and communication between the PC and the Printer. Once the connection check is done, click on Fix Printing 

Once PSDR goes through all checks and automatic fixes, click on Print a test page. 

Regardless if PSDR printed the test page or not, click on “NO PRINT” 

PSDR will then notify you that there is an update available, click on continue, and PSDR will apply the patch and ask for a reboot. 

Post restart the PSDR will run automatically to check for more issue.  If no issue found close PSDR.

If the issue persists please update the Printer firmware from this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Then assign a Manual IP Address

1) Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
2) Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
3) Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
4) Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
5) Click Manual IP
6) If you see a Suggest a Manual IP Address button, click Manual IP address, and the Manual IP addresses are automatically filled out for you.
7) If your page does not have a button to suggest a manual IP address, type the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway using the numbers shown in the report you printed.

Let me know how it goes

Thank you 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@MooseIsLoose

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please let me know the OS installed on your computer

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Both laptops are Windows 10

HP Recommended

@MooseIsLoose

Thanks for keeping me posted

Please run the HP Print And Scan Doctor from this Link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe on both your computers

Run PSDR v5.0.2 

Once the PSDR detects the Printer, it will show up the IP address and Software Status. 

Select the correct Printer and click on Next. 

PSDR will check if the Printer is on the Network and communication between the PC and the Printer. Once the connection check is done, click on Fix Printing 

Once PSDR goes through all checks and automatic fixes, click on Print a test page. 

Regardless if PSDR printed the test page or not, click on “NO PRINT” 

PSDR will then notify you that there is an update available, click on continue, and PSDR will apply the patch and ask for a reboot. 

Post restart the PSDR will run automatically to check for more issue.  If no issue found close PSDR.

If the issue persists please update the Printer firmware from this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Then assign a Manual IP Address

1) Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
2) Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
3) Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
4) Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
5) Click Manual IP
6) If you see a Suggest a Manual IP Address button, click Manual IP address, and the Manual IP addresses are automatically filled out for you.
7) If your page does not have a button to suggest a manual IP address, type the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway using the numbers shown in the report you printed.

Let me know how it goes

Thank you 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Here are the results. 

The program was able to locate both printers and showed them as installed.

When I selected the LaserJet, it was unable to establish communication. I reset the printer as well as the router as it suggests and retried with no luck, same result. 

So I then tried the Officejet 8600 and got the same result.

On the officejet, I tried to print a document and it said it was offline, but the screen on the printer showed it was Online. I took my laptop, disconnected from the wifi network (same network the printers are on) and then reconnected. Once reconnected, the printer started printing.

That is where it stands as of right now. Thoughts?

Additional info.. I had posted my issue yesterday but when I saw your reply to the other person on this one, it sounded like it could be the same issue. In my other post someone suggested it might be a Windows 10 issue and asked if I had any other computers with different operating systems that I could try. He may be right. Here is what I responded to him just now.

You may be right. I was trying to get it going last night, pulling my hair out.. As I sat there trying everything I could, my teenager printed from his bedroom on this school laptop which runs Windows 8. I got so excited thinking it was my stuff printing... Nope. It was his homework. Major letdown. :LaughingTears:

HP Recommended

I fixed it! Yes! It was all with the router. I signed in, cleared off all linked devices, upgraded my firmware and then added devices back on the network one by one. Doing this allowed the router to assign different IP addresses to each device. Once I did that, I can print on both devices with no issues. Thanks for your time and consideration to help. I do appreciate it.

HP Recommended

@MooseIsLoose

It looks like you were interacting with @KrazyToad, but he is out for the day. I'm Betty0610 & I'm at your service.  

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I finally gave up on using my HP printer as an "Offline printer".  When I want to print something, I connect my laptop to my printer with a USB plug-in cord.  Just got tired of trying to figure it out all the time and fooling around with searching and trying the answers and/or "resolutions."  A suggestion might work for one or two times and then, offline again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.