Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Envy 505)2
iOS

Purchased HP Envy 5052 all in one printer in the USA. Completed set up and did a test wireless print job. All was satisfactory. 

transported the printer to Mexico where I winter.  I am un able to connect to my wireless router. My other devices are connected. I get a message SEARCHING FOR NETWORK.   After a few minutes of searching I get a message UNABLE TO LOCATE WIRELESS NETWORK. 

Did a diagnostic.  Network name (SSID) FOUND.    FAIL

N etwork name.        (SSID) Not Set

My Level of computer savvy is not high. 
any and all suggestions are appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Kinojohn, Did you check with your Internet service provider if your router is able to forward Bonjour packets?

Bonjour is Apple's version of the Zero Configuration Networking standard, its a set of protocols that allows communication between network-connected devices.

Also, perform steps 2 and 3 from this document.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @Kinojohn

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

• Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the PC should be on the 2.4GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

Restart network devices

1. Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.
  2. Wait for 60 seconds.
  3. Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
  4. Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
  5. Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is my 2nd reply. 

my SSID is INFINITUM5929_2.4   And INFINITUM5829_5.   Does that mean they have separate names?

HP Recommended

@Kinojohn, yes. It seems like both the networks have different names.

Connect the printer to the INFINITUM5929_2.4  network, make sure the iOS device is also on the same network.

Now try printing.

1. Make sure the printer is turned on, ink cartridges are installed, and plain paper is loaded in the main tray.

2. Open the item you want to print, and then tap the Share icon  or  .

3. Tap Print or the Print icon  to open Printer Options.

4. Tap Select Printer to select your printer.

5. Change any of the following print job settings. Available settings vary depending on the app you are printing from, the print job type, and your printer.

• Paper: Make any paper size changes on the printer. AirPrint automatically detects the paper size loaded in the printer or the size selected on the printer control panel. If the detected size is different than the paper in the tray, an error might display asking to confirm the size.

• Number of copies: Select how many copies you want to print.

• Black & White: Select to print in grayscale. This option only displays for color printers.

• Double-sided printing: Print on both sides of the paper for certain file types.

• Page range: Select specific pages within a document or webpage to print.

Printer Options screen

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My device (IPad) is connected to 2.4

the printer is connected to 2.4

when I try to print from my iPad I get message “unable to locate wireless printer”. 

when I try to print from my Mac Book Air it shows wireless printer HO Envy available.  I select print but the printer shows no response 

do I need to put in the password 12345678 somewhere? 

HP Recommended

@Kinojohn, the password you have mentioned is for the Wifi Direct connection. If the printer and the iPad are connected to your wireless network, this password is not required.

For more info on Wifi-Direct, refer to this document. 

Do you have an Anti-virus/firewall installed on the MAC?

Did you check with your Internet service provider if your wireless router is able to forward Bonjour packets?

Restore the network settings on the printer and reconnect it to the 2.4 wireless network

On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network setup > Restore network settings > Yes

Go back to the Wireless menu > Wireless setup wizard > Choose your 2.4 wireless network.

Try printing from your iOS device.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I reset wireless setup and reconnected printer to my 2.4 ghz wireless router.  I re ran the setup wizard.   Tried to print from Mac.  It sees the printer but does not activate a print order.  I tried to print from my iPad and it tells me it cannot find a wireless printer.  I have verified that the printer is connected via my 2.4 Ghz signal and both of my devices are connected to the 2.4 Ghz signal.

When I connect my MacBook Air via usb cable, it prints just fine.

Remember, when I first got the printer in the USA I set it up and connected to my USA router with no problem.  I was then able to print a test wirelessly from my iPad.  My problems began when I tried to set up to my Mexican router and Mexican internet provider.

HP Recommended

@Kinojohn, Did you check with your Internet service provider if your router is able to forward Bonjour packets?

Bonjour is Apple's version of the Zero Configuration Networking standard, its a set of protocols that allows communication between network-connected devices.

Also, perform steps 2 and 3 from this document.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My router does use and is activated (Bonjour) packets. I did all the steps outlined above. I searched my IP address with Safari and determined that my AirPrint is on. 

I went to my HP Smart app and followed in instructions  to connect.  I went to direct HP wireless and connected.  I did no have to use the password. 

did a test print and it worked.  

Do I need to do this every time I need to print?

my last printer was an Epsom all in one wireless printer and it worked in this location with this internet provider and this router. 

HP Recommended

@Kinojohn

If you are able to reach the EWS page of the router, there is communication between the printer and the Apple device. As you were able to print a test page by connecting these devices via Wifi-Direct, let us connect the printer to your wireless network using Wifi-Direct.

1. Connect the printer using Wifi-Direct
  2. Open the EWS page of the printer
  3. Go to Wireless > Wireless setup wizard > Follow the prompts
  4. Once the printer is connected to your wireless network, you may connect the Apple device to your wireless network and try printing.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.