Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
DeskJet 3630
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

It's been running well until now but it suddenly doesn't respond to any Print commands.   It will churn out 'automatic' reponses, such as Wi-Fi Direct Guide when the button is pushed, there is plenty of ink in the cartridges and it prints copies when called on so must be connected to my Pc.   Where have I got things wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solved it !!!!!   Via HP I downloaded HP Scan & Print Doctor, followed through and all's now well.   Why didn't I know of that route before?   But thanks to those who tried to help, even if it didn't work then.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Further to my yesterday's query, I find that my DeskJet 3630 printer appears not to be connecting with my Pc (i.e. it receives no signals from the Pc).  It does not rumble into working mode when I switch on my Pc as it did before now.  It prints only when I manually press those buttons which provide HP news, etc.

I have not consciously disconnected anything but may, unknowingly, have cancelled the Pc/Printer connectivity system.

Any advice, please?

HP Recommended

Hi I would like to assist to the best of my ability to solve your problem.I hope the information i supply will be of help.Just for information some technical information is protected by HP and is not allowed to be answered.This is unfortunate and you will have to contact a HP repair shop for the help in this case.I would uninstall the printer from my computer and do a new installation.Then try to print and see if everything is back to normal.Hope this will help.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
HP Recommended

Thanks for trying but I would prefer not to uninstall if it can be avoided.  Indeed, I'm can't remember how to reinstall it!

HP Recommended

I have now re-installed the printer.  It scans and prints therefrom OK but will not respond to instruction from the PC.   I suspect that I must have a wrong setting item on the computer/printer linkage but I'm d****d if I can see where it is wrong.   HELPPPP!

HP Recommended

Solved it !!!!!   Via HP I downloaded HP Scan & Print Doctor, followed through and all's now well.   Why didn't I know of that route before?   But thanks to those who tried to help, even if it didn't work then.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.