Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Photosmart 5510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer was working fine.  It ran out of ink and so I bought a new cartridge.  Inserted the cartridge, received a message acknowledging that it was an HP authorizedd cartridge.  Went to print. Nothing.

I'm not getting any error messages.  I've tried taking the cartride out and reinserting it.  So I'm not sure how I get it working again.  I should note that I currently only use the black ink cartridge since I usually am only printing docs for work.  The other cartridges are empty, but still in the printer.

Oh, and I use a cable for connecting to my laptop.  Not that that matters....the laptop recognizes that I am cconnected to the printer.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You will probably need to put a colour ink in as well.  Also, have you removed any protective materials from the cartridge/

HP Recommended

I am not getting any error message , all the catridges are full . It is showing in a  window that it is printing but i am not getting any output.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.