Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

6830 not printing. Tried the  Print and Scan Doctor which gives me a good test page. but still cannot print from internet. Tried disabling firewalls, still nothing. Print and ScanDoctor does not help after that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
What happens when you try to print from the Internet?

Some browsers will print to a PDF instead of your default printer, if that is the case you just have to select the printer before printing.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
What happens when you try to print from the Internet?

Some browsers will print to a PDF instead of your default printer, if that is the case you just have to select the printer before printing.

HP Recommended

Tried again. This time it printed a recipe. Then went to an insurance site to print a page. Nothing. Both times the print icon showed up along the top of the page. It selected the correct printer (I only have one) but the insurance page did not print. If it saves to a pdf file - where do I locate the pdf file ?

HP Recommended
If the correct printer is selected then it should not be sent to a PDF.

If it does go to a PDF I would expect it to be either in your Documents folder or your downloads folder.

HP Recommended

thank you for you help. I am giving up. I am trying to print a coupon and have the coupon installer installed on my windows 10 pc. Maybe it is a problem with the source of the coupon.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem. PRinter was working last week. Now - nothing. No error message on the laptop nor on the printer.

Put through Scan Doctor and test page printed fine. Now - nothing. Not a sound, not a blank page - just silence.

HP Recommended

Fixed!

I had been sending documents to the printer BUT NOT the network printer!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.