Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M608
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have a check printer that we've always printed to from Windows 7.  We have some Windows 10 machines priting to it and their print jobs come out upside down.  On a normal printer that wouldn't be the end of the world, but with check stock it becomes a real problem.  We've tried setting the finishing settings in 2 places to rotate it 180 degrees, but it doesn't make any difference.  Any suggestions on how to get everyone printing the same direction?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Because the M608 feeds differntly than the previous versions the cheque stock needs to be stacked differently. The 608 pulls paper from the back of the tray and prints on the face up side. On older HP models it pulled from the front of the paper tray and printed on the back of pages. If printer stock is preprinted you need to have the stacking order reversed when they print them.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately that does not help as Windows 7 prints one way and Windows 10 prints the other way.  We need all computers printing the same direction.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.