Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello and Please Help!!

The problem:  My printer (HP LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdn) is printing out different fonts and font sizes when I only use a specific font or size. In a sentence or paragraph, it will print different fonts and sizes. For example, if I use the Calibri font, most of the letters/words will look normal but some will look stretched, larger, wider, smaller or bolder. When I save a document into pdf, it will look fine on screen, but when I print, it has the same problem. If my document is very short (maybe about one paragraph) it might be okay. But if it's half a page or more, the fonts and sizes change. There are no weird symbols. Only the fonts and sizes are different.

Problem began:  The printer was connected to my desktop computer (using Windows 10) via USB cable and never had this problem before. After a few months, my desktop's hard drive stopped working, and I had to get it repaired. In the meanwhile, I tried downloading the printer software to a laptop via Internet and since then, the printer hasn't been printing correctly. The printer is also connected to several Android and Apple devices via Internet now, and they all have the same problem when printing. Once, I got my desktop back and reinstalled the printer's software, it too, hasn't been printing flawlessly as before. Could the problem be related to the printer itself? All devices connected to the printer is having the same issue.

I have tried to do the following but without success:

Uninstalled the software/drivers from the root and then reinstalled to my desktop and laptops

Installed the printer software via USB cable (not Internet) onto my desktop (as it was before)

Uninstalled and reinstalled on Android and Apple devices

Updated the Firmware

Downloaded TrueType software

Reset the printer to factory default

Restarted printer and all pc devices

I can't print a simple one page report without the font and sizes looking differently from one another. I am pulling my hair trying to figure out the problem. I have scoured through the web and videos, but haven't yet come across anything to solve this frustrating issue. If anyone can help, I would very much appreciate it! Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

such behavior likely occurs due to a cartridge problem, are you using original HP toner cartridges?

From the Setup menu select Reports and then Supplies Status Report.

Can you see the same results on the printed report?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

such behavior likely occurs due to a cartridge problem, are you using original HP toner cartridges?

From the Setup menu select Reports and then Supplies Status Report.

Can you see the same results on the printed report?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for this advice! It RESOLVED the frustrating problem! I still can't believe this was causing my headaches for months. Also, many thanks for the quick reply. You are fantastic! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.