Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (100 Views)
Accepted Solution

Printer software install question

Product Name: MFP M477

This may be a dumb/basic question... and that's why I can't find the answer anywhere.

I am ready to install the software on my new printer and there are separate instructions for Windows and MAC OS.  Does it matter which one I use?   I have both Windows PCs and MAC laptops.... if I install using Windows, will I still be able to print from the MACs?  and Vice-Versa?

If I can install from either... is there one that is better/easier to install from?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Printer software install question

Yes normally you will have to install the printer driver on each pc to be able to print and scan.Hope that will help.

View solution in context
Associate Professor
Message 2 of 4 (77 Views)

I will try and give some information.As far as i know you must install the windows driver on windows machines and the mac drivers on the mac machines.I don't know mac but they should both be equally friendly to install.Hope this will help.

I am A office automation Technician.
If You find my information helpful please
give me some feedback.It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.
Copier-Pro
Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
If you find that my answers is solving the problem please mark it on the forum as a solution.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (61 Views)

Thank you for the response.

So if I understand you correctly... the software install is not an install of software on the printer itself, but rather installing software on all the PCs/laptops that will be using the printer.   Hence on each Windows machine and each MAC machine, I would install the appropriate software based on the OS of that PC/laptop.

Associate Professor
Message 4 of 4 (52 Views)

Yes normally you will have to install the printer driver on each pc to be able to print and scan.Hope that will help.

I am A office automation Technician.
If You find my information helpful please
give me some feedback.It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.
Copier-Pro
Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
If you find that my answers is solving the problem please mark it on the forum as a solution.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button, “Thumbs up" button!

I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation