Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M521dn
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We are printing a preprinted forms. The driver updated on my printer and now it the printing does not line up with the form. 

Its starts printing too far to the left on the form. How can I switch it back to the old version of the print driver. This printer is networked and there is no option to roll back.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Icanfixurcomput,

I have a suggestion that doesn't involve downgrading.  If you open thedriver.PNGe document that you are using to print onto the forms and click on print, the new driver should open.  In that driver you should be able to select the Margins similar to but maybe not exactly like the second box from the bottom on this image.  If you measure how far to the left on the form the current printing starts, set a new margin for the left side that is larger than the nominal margin (current setting) by that amount.  The same document information should then print farther to the right and fit right into the form as it is fed.  Please let us know if this is the solution for your image shift.

Dovid

I am an HP Employee
I work in Laser Jet Printing ((;-)>
The opinions expressed here are my own and not those of HP. Kudos are always appreciated if I have helped you.
HP Recommended

David,

Thanks so much for the information. The problem I have is, everything is written in the program and we have no way to change the print margins, or any printer options for that matter.  I just can't understand why the driver upgrade would change the margin.

Thanks for your help in this matter. I have come to a dead end with it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.