Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro M203dw

Starting this past Friday (11/08/19) my printer stopped printing non-standard documents correctly. I started my day printing some documents off and there was ink along the side, so I ran a cleaning cycle to fix the problem. After that, anything that is not your typical 8.5 x 11 printing, it doesn't print correctly. I print labels and envelopes on my printer frequently and have never had an issue. Now when I attempt to print them, the printer won't automatically print like it once did. Instead, the error button lights up on the printer and I either have to resume printing for it to even print it or cancel the job. If I resume the job, it is off center.

For example with the envelopes: Our office purchases envelopes with the return address pre-printed on all envelopes, that way we only have to print the address of who we are sending it to. Earlier last week, the printer was fine but after running the cleaning cycle it now prints the address at the top of the envelope right beside the return address. 

For example with the labels: I print file folder tab labels off my printer. I downloaded the template from Avery because that is the brand I use. The issue with the labels is once again it is off center. It only prints the very end of the label (right side) but prints it right along the left margin of the label. 

I have never had this issue until this past Friday after running the cleaning cycle. I am not sure if that caused the issue or if there was some update that happened that night. I have tried adjusting the margins and it still does not work. I did not believe that was the issue anyway because I never had to adjust them before and all the documents printed fine. Our IT guy also came out for a visit and still can't figure out what the problem is. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my printer and that does not work either. My printer is barely two months old so I am not sure what could have went wrong. Please help!! 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

First let me state that a cleaning cycle only cycles the components to remove excess toner and it is highly unlikely that it could affect print jobs in the way you are experiencing.  What is more likely is that either paper size settings have been changed or an update to your software is causing the problem. If you print the configuration page from the control panel and it looks ok then it is even less likely a hardware issue.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I have adjusted the paper settings when trying to print both labels and envelopes and it still doesn't print correctly. When I click print, the printer pauses and the error button flashes. When I hit resume printing that is when it prints incorrectly. I am not sure if there is some disconnect between the printer and the computer to cause this issue to happen. How do you check to see if there was an update that could have possibly caused this issue? Is there a way to go back to a previous version, like system restore on the computer? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.