Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro M452dn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All,

I have a problem with 59.0F errors on a Color LaserJet Pro M452dn. As a part of the troubleshooting process, I was sent a firmware, or some such, patch in a .prn file. I was told to "print" that file from a USB drive, which would update the system, and possibly get rid of the error. I would be able to confirm that the fix was implemented by checking the Controller Number on the config page. The problem is that this model, at least as far as I can tell, does not support walk-up printing from a USB drive. I can only set it up for job storage. Is this true? Does the community have any info on how I might be able to run this .prn file that I have through my printer? Any other ideas on how to resolve the original error? I've already tried reseating both the fuser and the transfer belt and updating the firmware via the HP utility. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you search this forum for the Dropbox link I have posted for the m477 fix, it is the same file. There are detailed instructions in that Dropbox folder on applying the fix to an M452

If the fix is applied properly the DC controller revision should match the number listed in the documentation, 15xxx (I don't recall the exact number.) 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

For such information, I suggest contacting HP Support in your country, the community is a peer to peer community and doesn't have such information about forcing a Firmware Reflash from a USB drive.

But generally, Walk-Up USB is not available for an HP Laserjet Pro M452dn printer indeed, so this would not be an option to flash a firmware, see page 8 of its manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04628719

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

If you search this forum for the Dropbox link I have posted for the m477 fix, it is the same file. There are detailed instructions in that Dropbox folder on applying the fix to an M452

If the fix is applied properly the DC controller revision should match the number listed in the documentation, 15xxx (I don't recall the exact number.) 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you for directing me towards your link! I was able to execute the patch and it seems to be testing OK. Going to put the printer back into service, and see what happens.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.