Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LJpro MFP M477
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Its 2020 and problem still is here. I found in forum that somebody had this problem back in 2017 and it kinda ended without solution: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Print-preferences-dialog-incorrect-scale/td-p/617719...

Any progress, guys?

We have a user with the same problem. Thanks for looking in it!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

x-Rihards-x_0-1588240465139.png

HP Recommended

Hi,

I would guess any such occurs due to a scaling setting for the operating system.

Right-click the desktop background and select Display settings.

Make sure that Scale and Layout is set to 100% and not to any other value which will result in such.

Also, make sure that custom scaling is not set under Advanced Scaling settings.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately it did not help.

\

Today i had a possibility to get this machine in my hands. It turns out, this is a laptop with a secondary monitor. By default this laptop in Display Settings is set to duplicate screens. When I select option - "show only PC (laptop) screen" (other stays black), then printing preferences are displayed properly. As soon as I change display to "Duplicate Sreens" or "Second Screen only" it is then i have problem with scaling. Scaling option is either disabled or set to 100% depending on mentioned duplicate option.

Any further ideas?

HP Recommended

I have found a workaround.

If i set Scaling to 125% or 150% or 200% then printing preferences are displayed Ok. As soon as i switch back to 100% scaling, then it goes out of the Window.

Could it be that system shows content of Printing Preferences in constant size, but size of the window (which btw is not resizable) selects according to Scaling options - 100% - the smallest size window, and content does not fit. 125% larger window and content fits.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.