Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277n
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello, 

My printer istm starting print (black and white) with lines on the left side, please see the attached photo.

Is changing the toner will fix the issue or what should I do?

Please help

15799460960957272812230284157653.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You have non-genuine black toner that is more often to fail in print quality than genuine ones. If you replace black toner with the different one those black vertical lines on the left side will be gone.

Also, your all 3 colour toner cartridges are empty, if you want to print in colour you will need to replace them too,  I would recommend if you are printing only in black&white to purchase a cheapest b&w laser printer.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You have non-genuine black toner that is more often to fail in print quality than genuine ones. If you replace black toner with the different one those black vertical lines on the left side will be gone.

Also, your all 3 colour toner cartridges are empty, if you want to print in colour you will need to replace them too,  I would recommend if you are printing only in black&white to purchase a cheapest b&w laser printer.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you very much. Can you please recommend a good Toner brand so I can buy it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.