Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro 400 M451dn

My printer is jamming on every page with each page sticking approx 1" out onto the output tray.

I've replaced the fuser unit but it made no difference.

Can someone point to which sensor I should be replacing next?

Every time!Every time!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Where does your bottom page stop? If the fuser is new, then you a likely having problem with sensor detecting bottom of media.

You have 2 sensors on paper pickup assy, one of them is very hard to replace unless you break down whole assy. If not expensive try searching and replace whole paper pickup assy.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

The bottom of the page is stopped at a set of pinch rollers just below the drum.

I know there is a sensor at the exit to the output bin, but I don't know if its jamming because it is expecting paper to be there and can't sense it, or whether there is another sensor that has failed.

You mentioned 2 sensors.  One is near the output bin, but where is the other one?  I can't find any more.

HP Recommended

Swapped the part in the image into another identical printer and the fault moved with it, so it looks like it the paper sensor at the output bin.  Just need to find a part number and then get a new part ordered....

20180824_090532.jpg

HP Recommended

Did you find a part # for that pickup assembly?

HP Recommended

Hi I would like to assist to the best of my ability to solve your problem.I hope the information i supply will be of help.

I think that this part is the paper delivery assembly.

Paper delivery assembly RM1-8049-000 .Hope this will help.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

My jam is at the output tray, not the pick-up tray end of the cycle.  The paper starts to exit to drop into the collection point but stops with 1" exposed.  To remove the jam I have to open the back to then pull the paper out via the exit point.  I suppose there could be a sensor to know when to turn on the fuser and when to shut it down, but then HP doesn't provide any resources to understand or locate these sensors.  It sounds as if the other person who is having this same problem HAS replaced the entire fuser and it has NOT corrected the symptoms.  One would think that if there were sensors associated with this section of the printer that replacing the entire fuser assembly would have cured any associated issues with the sensors too.

Fuser assembly is at least $150...maybe time to just create another boat anchor and buy another printer?  Or expend the money for the fuser and hope to have a functioning unit?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.