Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet M227fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been calling HP for the past few weeks with many case numbers, and have been going in circles as not one person was able to give me a resolution. Hopefully forums can direct me to someone other than tech support. The timeline is below:

1. October 11, 2019: We ordered an HP LaserJet M227fdw from Staples.

2. December 13, 2019: I called HP tech support to in regards to an issue, but since the issue kept happening, I called in the next week for a replacement printer.

3. December 23, 2019: The replacement product arrived via HP, as Staples was unable to assist (Since this was past Staples return date policy, they redirected me to the manufacturer which was HP.)

4. January 2, 2020: The printer is still having issues, and at this point, it's not worth going through the cycle to start new cases (I'm at 4 case #'s at this point) or get sent a replacement printer. 

5. January 3, 2020: I've called in to see if we can get a refund or credit on the product, but the most they can do is either offer me a $75 credit, recycle the printer, or keep sending us the same model number replacement printer. 

I've been on the phone with HP getting redirected for a total of maybe 4 hours. I've spoken with the sales team, tech support, a tech support supervisor, and a case manager. No one can help me because this is 30 days past the return policy. Shouldn't the return policy be accounted towards the new printer sent in December and not in October?? 

I'm extremely frustrated, and I do not want to troubleshoot this printer AGAIN, nor do my coworkers/IT want to set up another replacement printer every 1-2 months. I will happily order a different model, but I'd just like to return and be credited for the current one. I hope someone can assist me, thank you. 

[edit]

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @ChristinaHCM

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Just as an FYI, they're not helping me at all via private messages, they're telling me the same exact thing that I've heard from your team on the phone. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.