Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet CM1415fn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently I'm having a problem with color printing alignment and mainly for RED color, I have changed the black and red genuine toners recently with updating the driver but unfortunately no improvement, following all possible causes been addressed by HP print quality document also with no luck. I'm not sure if this could lead to a hardware problem. My printer is almost over 3 years old but having less than 500 papers print in total. Color calibration been done for over than 20 times but no change been noticed. I hope I can get some help. Attached some report prints.IMG_0196.JPGIMG_0195.JPGIMG_0194.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @ Zahran1,

Welcome to HP Forums, 

Thanks for the post, I see that you are there is an issue with your printer where the Red/Magenta color is not aligned correctly. Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own and trying to realign the printer several times and thanks a lot for the images, this provided a lot of information. I would like to provide my suggestion. 

Recommend you to reseat the Magenta toner and try realigning the printer. 

Hard reset the printer and if the issue persists, please contact our phone support at www.hp.com/contacthp for service options for the cartridge or printer. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @ Zahran1,

Welcome to HP Forums, 

Thanks for the post, I see that you are there is an issue with your printer where the Red/Magenta color is not aligned correctly. Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own and trying to realign the printer several times and thanks a lot for the images, this provided a lot of information. I would like to provide my suggestion. 

Recommend you to reseat the Magenta toner and try realigning the printer. 

Hard reset the printer and if the issue persists, please contact our phone support at www.hp.com/contacthp for service options for the cartridge or printer. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your kind reply, unfortunately the suggested easy fix didn't help at all. Our local HP authorized center confirms that repair of my printer is beyond any economical sense, I have sent the printer to a third party shop and waiting for the report.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, I understand that you have given the printer to a service center for assistance. Hope they help you in fixing it. 

For service options/upgrade/replacement options, recommend you to contact our phone support by visiting www.hp.com/contacthp

Let me know how it goes. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

"SOLVED"

Today I visited the service center and they told me that my printer needs to replace an circuit board with cost of $120, I wasn't convinced enough of their findings since my printer works just fine except the alignment issue. I took the printer back home and decided to give it another shot by my own, I did the hard reset again and did the color calibration with no luck, I tried to lift the toner from one side by inserting a small piece of paper under one side then I noticed a change in the alignment, I tried then color calibration again but things didn't improve, the fix actually was with just keep calibrating the colors, what was different this time that earlier calibrations trials that I decided this time to print supplies status report after each calibration, and I noticed after each calibration the things are improving, it took me only 3 trials till I reached a perfect results, I'm not sure if printing any document after each calibration attempt have to do anything with the result, but result was impressive, I was that close to buy a new Epson printer but guess what, I'm keeping my HP printer. Thanks for your support.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad to see that repeated calibrations helped in resolving the issue. 

Please do reply or post on Forums for further assistance. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.