02-13-2020 07:28 PM
Can not get the printer to configure for Scanning to Network Folder. I have followed every single step using the IP and have been unsuccessful. Completely irritated that HP has the feature yet ZERO instructions for setting it up in the booklet. Come on here and search for it to only find multiple failed tries from other users. Hoping to get to the bottom of it trying this.
I have sat on tech chat support for an hour and gotten NOWHERE. He told me he needed another 45 minutes and I had to leave. I continued for another hour and half and I'm frustrated.
02-14-2020 12:18 PM
Please make sure that both the printer firmware is up to date and your macOS version is fully updated to 10.15.3:
key points to consider:
- Create the folder, right-click it and select Get Info - under permissions make sure your user account has full permissions.
- From System Preferences > Sharing > File Sharing:
Click Options and make sure that SMB is checked and your user account is checked for SMB, in the box below.
- Make sure you use the sharing path in the format of \\your Mac's IP Address\Your folder name (e.g. \\10.0.0.3\scan)
- Instead of the IP you may also try using your computer name.local - Under System Preferences > Sharing > File Sharing, click Edit to locate your Mac computer name, be sure to add .loacl as shown under Edit when using it in the share path.
- Use your username exactly as it is shown under System Preferences > Users, among its password.
When configuring the shared folder in your printer's EWS and clicking Save and Test, what are the exact results?
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂