Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserjetMFP M725
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We had a running scan to mail functionality suddenly 2 days ago it stopped working. whenever someone tries scanning to mail he get the msg "SMTP is not responding". We are using our ocpany mail.

I have tried testing using Gmail but i am still getting the same result.

We have another printer installed in the network and it scans fine.

I am able to print, ping and access my printer and even scan to share folder but i cannot send to mail.

Any suggestion where the problem could be or what tests i need to run to resolve the issue.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hai,

This error occurs due to the limitation of service available on the mail systems. A gateway does not provide all the service requested by the mail system. For example, if your mail system supports registered mail but receiving mail system doesn't support the registered mail. By this registered mail cannot able to communicate with that mail system

Solution to resolve your "SMTP gateway is not responding" issue

• Uninstall the program from Microsoft Windows 7
  • Then Download SmartPCFixer.
  • Install the software.
  • Run the software and click Quick Scan
  • Then Click Fix All to fix all the errors in the computer
  • Finally, the software automatically removes the errors.
HP Recommended

Thanks Maya for the advise, but we are using the printer on printer server running on windows server 2012 therefore there is no program installed, just the drives.

Moreover we dont have the previloge of installing any software on the system for security purpose.

I have tried removing the SMTP configuration manually and re inserting it but that didnot work.

HP Recommended

Hi Shadi,

You may also try this... hope this will help you

Copy / Paste the following to a ClientProtocols.reg file:

REGEDIT4

\[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Rpc\ClientProtocols\]
"ncacn_ip_tcp"=-
"ncacn_ip_tcp"="rpcrt4.dll"
"ncadg_ip_udp"=-
"ncadg_ip_udp"="rpcrt4.dll"
"ncacn_nb_tcp"=-
"ncacn_nb_tcp"="rpcrt4.dll"
"ncacn_http"=-
"ncacn_http"="rpcrt4.dll"

And then Merge the ClientProtocols.reg file with your registry.

Still, this problem remains let me know.

HP Recommended

The problem is still vaild, what about the partial clean up? What settings will it delete and will it help in fixing the issue or not.

HP Recommended
Check and make sure your DNS settings and gateway settings are correct. If you are using an IP address for the SMTP server make sure your provider has not changed that address.
If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

On the HP Color LaserJet 4730mfp's that I worked on today, the SMTP settings for the outgoing mail needed set up on two tabs:

Settings > Email Server and Digital Sending > Send Email

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.