Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi! Thank you for sharing this information. I have exactly the same problem with my HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28a running on mac OS 10.13. I have tried to do the same updates that Ivatan did but scanner function is not still working on HP Easy Scan. I tried to find the firmware version FW2019-01-24 to get this working but I am only able to find older version. Could you please tell me where can I find this latest firmware to try to make this scanner work properly. Printing and copying documents is working OK same way as Ivatan told.

HP Recommended

You can download the FW20190124 from here...

[edit]

HP Recommended

Thank you for the link for FW update. Unfortunately it seems that I can't install that update with macOS 10.13. Since my iMac is mid 2011 I can't update it to version Mojave 10.14 and that is why these instructions don't help me. Is there any other way to get scanning working? I think it is not option for me to buy scanning program that costs 50 USD.

HP Recommended

Hi,

@EPK1  - I have sent you a private message.

@IvatanGuide- Please do not share a such publicly, it was privately shared for a reason :generic:

Cheers,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

After ShlomiL send me macOS 10.13 compatible  link for FW update and steps how to do install also my scanning started working. Huge thanks to ShlomiL.

HP Recommended

Hello ShlomiL! ... I have the same problem with my HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28a running on mac OS 10.12.5 so I tried to find the firmware version FW2019-01-24 I'd read above. but...could you please tell me where can I find this firmware to try to make this scanner work properly... thank you soooo much!

HP Recommended

Sent you a private message too @fresco_frX .

Cheers,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi,

unfortunately I came across the same problem and don't know how to solve it.

My system is Mac OS X High Sierra 10.12.6 on an iMac 27" Mid 2011.

It would be very kind of you if you could suggest me a solution for this problem.
Could you help me, please?

Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi,

your solution worked for me too.
Thanks a lot and God bless you !!! :Wink:

HP Recommended

You're much welcome @fisherman_an!

Great to see you are now up and running with your scanner.

Cheers,

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.