Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

There is no software that should cause this kind of a problem on my laptop.

Did you have a comment on the potential USB 2/3 issue?

HP Recommended

@tired_user

If you plug in a USB 2 device into the USB 3 port all devices connected or "daisy-chained" to that hub will operate up to the maximum transfer rate of USB 2 speed (480 Mbps).

USB 3 devices can use up to 900mA of power (compared to 500mA used by USB 2 devices). You'll need to use a USB 3 cable to use the 900mA of power available. USB 2 cables don't support 900mA.

Your device should be backward-compatible with USB 2 ports. However, you won't get USB 3 speed and power may be limited to 500mA.

The printers have a USB 2.0 port only.

If the issue persists, kindly contact HP Support team for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ShlomiL I Have problem with MacOS 10.13 can't not see Scanner and I try to update newer FW but not working --- Help me Please.

HP Recommended

I also have this same problem . . . scanner not detected with Mac Mojave.  Can you provide me with a link to the new firmware?

HP Recommended

@ShlomiL

Hallo,

the firmware on the HP Server is not the correct one. Could you please send me the working firmware update for using the scanner under MAC via USB?

Thank you in advance.

Gabriel

HP Recommended

Hi @ShlomiL!

Could you please send me a link to FW2019-01-24 for hp m28a ?

i got same problem with M28a, described in posts in this thread.

Thank you very much!  i'll appreciate your help!!!

HP Recommended

hi @Ivatan

can you please send me the   FW2019-01-24 .  download link ?

i got your same problem.

thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Any HP employee out here? PLEASE HELP US. Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Download and install the latest firmware from hp.com, the issue been fully resolved with the latest firmware available:

• Fixed an issue that Scan driver cannot be installed and Scanner cannot be detected on MAC OS with USB connection.

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-laserjet-pro-mfp-m28-m31-printer-serie...

If the scan option still doesn't show after completing the update, follow below steps:

Please try below steps in exact order and let me know if that may help:

1. Unplug the USB from the printer and restart the printer.
  2. Restart your Mac
  3. Open System Preferences > Printers & Scanners
  4. Right-click the printers list (or CTRL + Left Click) and select Reset Printing System.
  5. Plug the USB and check the added print queue.

If it still doesn't list the scan option, click the plus sign under System Preferences make sure you select the USB Multifunction instance (type) of your printer.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

rgent!

Hello ShlomiL! ... I have the same problem with my HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28a running on mac mini 2018.

Do I need to update the firmware too? Can you please provide?

Thanks a lot!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.