Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro MFP M176n
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

So I installed the printer using the installer provided with the printer (autorun file directly inside the printer via USB port).

I checked all options and everything went fine. The problem is that although I can print and everything works fine with the printer side, I cannot make the scanner work. Simply "HP Scan" doens't launch! Same for "Printer State and HP alerts" (approximative translation as my install is french).

1.jpg

If anyone has an idea, that would be great as I already spent a whole day on this problem.

Regards,
M.F.
Switzerland

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well actually, thanx to all of you who tried to help my issue... without success cause none of these worked.

But I'm very happy to announce that I found what the problem was, so let me say that cause this might cause other problems as this one.

So actually all was about services who weren't running properly. So here are the ones that are supposed to be running in order to have the scan working:

- Print Spooler
- Shell Hardware Detection
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- DCOM Server Process Launcher
- RPC Endpoint Mapper
- Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)

So that's it
M.F.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Scanning issues…

Please try this scan solution:

HP Scan Extended

For Windows:   ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Check all your settings and expand all tabs and all + signs to see all options that you want.

Make searchable PDFs scans with this free scanning software - https://www.naps2.com/   

NAPS2 also allows you to:

1. Maximize and resize the scanning screen on your computer.
  2. Scan over 300 ppi from the Glass or ADF.
  3. Save multiple pages (over 300 ppi) to one PDF file.

Let us know.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for contacting HP support Forum

My advice is to start with basics before any kind of troubleshooting:

* Restart both computer and printer, the printer you can leave it on and just disconnect the power cable for some secs before plug it back again.

* also it is always recommended to have the printer connected directly to the outlet on the wall instead of using a power strip

* Make sure you have good internet connection

* Unistall all software of the printer from your computer: unistall from programs and features, from devices and printers on control panel, and / or device manager/ under imaging devices if you see the name of the printer

* Remove the printer from devices and printers in control panel by right clicking on the printers picture/ image if it is visible there

* once everything is unistalled, reboot the computer one more time to complete those unistalled software and drivers

* then you can go to Hp. COM

* Search for the tap on the right side at the top that says: Support / under the displayed optios go to Software and drivers options, in there, please select the OS of the computer in which you are going to install the printer again and then select the software download under that to save and run it.

Here you have a shortcut Color_LJPro_MFP_M176_full-solution_15321.exe.

* After completing the installation reboot one more time and test the scanner

I hope this would be helpful and efective

Though I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution

HP Recommended

Well actually, thanx to all of you who tried to help my issue... without success cause none of these worked.

But I'm very happy to announce that I found what the problem was, so let me say that cause this might cause other problems as this one.

So actually all was about services who weren't running properly. So here are the ones that are supposed to be running in order to have the scan working:

- Print Spooler
- Shell Hardware Detection
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- DCOM Server Process Launcher
- RPC Endpoint Mapper
- Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)

So that's it
M.F.

HP Recommended

So, how did you get those services running again?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.