• post a message
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Scanning was unsuccessful. Try again.

HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 300 colorMFP M375n

I am an IT Tech on a school site, we have a HP LaserJet 300 colorMFP M375n on our network that has been working with a Scan to Network Folder for over a year now. However within the last week or so it has just been giving our users the Scanning was unsuccessful. Try again. message.

All the users can still access this folder on their computers and the folder is set to all full control. It is just the printer cannot seem to scan to it.

The user account that it was set up with has full access too, I have also tried using my domain admin credentials and that made no difference.

I have made sure the firmware is up to date and is currently on version 20150126 which was shown as the latest version when I check about 15 minutes ago.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 3
Level 3
51 51 0 1
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

When you do the folder test on the printer, does it show any error message?

Though I work for HP, My posts express My opinion, and not those of HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

When doing the test it tries for a couple of seconds then comes up with the below error:

The test was unsuccessful. Try again.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
Level 3
51 51 0 1
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry for the late response

Have you check the computer's firewall if it is enable

If it is, try to disable it, and test

Though I work for HP, My posts express My opinion, and not those of HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is only happening to this one printer, we have around 30 of these printers and so far this is the only one that cannot scan to that shared folder/drive.

I have tested others with the same share drive and they work fine. It has the latest firmware but some of the others have older firmware.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I know this post was without answer for a long time, but I would like to know... Were you able to solve the issue in the end? I have encountered the same in our company and it is a few days now I am trying to solve it without any success.

Looking forward for your answer

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation