Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet M5035 MFP Series

Dear Experts

I have got HP LaserJet M5035 MFP Series printer that initially was able to scan documents to shared folder on 2xDesktops (PC1 and PC2) windows 8

I upgraded PC1 (but not yet PC2) only from windows 8 to windows 10 pro and I tried to copy the same setting as it was on windows 8

Created folder on windows 10 and shared it and edited permission tab and security tab as well

I can access that shared folder on PC1 from PC2 no issue.

On the web interface of the printer when I click on : "Test Folder Access" I get below error message

Unable to reach ’\\VISIONDESKTOP\Kylie_Scans’. Please check the location and make corrections as needed

https://imgur.com/a/gBf2onF

Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Windows 10 has SMB V 1 turned off by default. Depending on when you last updated the firmware on your M5035, it may only have SMB V1 active which means it will not scan to Windows 10 unless you either update the firmware (recommended) or turn on SMB V1 on your Windows 10 computer (not recommended). Also note that depending on how the accounts are setup what you think is the user name you are using for authentication might not the user name that Windows is actually referencing. Open task manager and see what user name is actually running processes on the computer and use that name, even if that is not the name you log into the computer with.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Windows 10 has SMB V 1 turned off by default. Depending on when you last updated the firmware on your M5035, it may only have SMB V1 active which means it will not scan to Windows 10 unless you either update the firmware (recommended) or turn on SMB V1 on your Windows 10 computer (not recommended). Also note that depending on how the accounts are setup what you think is the user name you are using for authentication might not the user name that Windows is actually referencing. Open task manager and see what user name is actually running processes on the computer and use that name, even if that is not the name you log into the computer with.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for addressing issue

I did enable SMB1 and SMB2 on windows 10

Initially I did test with the username that logged in to windows 10 and has admin right and it didn't work

Then I created a nother username and I called it : "WHOSCAN" for the printing purpose and also has admin right and none of the work.

I didn't update firmware for the printer  

HP Recommended

Thanks Rapairatrooper
finally it worked I don't know how !!!
but definitely SMB1.0 should be enabled otherwise won't work as i did test that

HP Recommended

Is it safe to update firmware of the printer ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.