Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro M118dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to know if there is a way to set printer default to single side printing only? Every time I use printer, regardless of which program, it all ways tries to print on both sides of paper. Word, Word Perfect, Quickbooks, Excell and Access. Every time I start a new document it defaults back to printing on both sides of paper. Any help greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

There are two possible settings that might be causing the problem. Firstly, many HP printers have a hardware setting that will tell the printer to duplex everything. Check through the settings if you printer has a control panel or use the HP toolbox to check the printer settings. The second is the driver is defaulted to duplex. On your PC, go to control panel>devices and printers and right click on the icon for your printer and select printer properties from the drop down menu. Then click the advanced tab and then the printing defaults button. If the print on both sides option is turned on, turn it off, apply and exit. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I found Duplex setting in HP toolbox, it was set to off. Right clicked printer in control panel, no advanced options. Only a settings link that took me right back to original option screen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.