Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet 1022 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am a AARP taxaide volunteer - free tax service for seniors.

My team leader set-up a shared network for the team members.  As a team member, I need assistance with (2) issues. 

1). When I tried to connect to the shared network I was not able to connect to the wireless internet as my Internet access message read"unable to connect DHCP is not on.  How do I turn on the DHCP when it turns off?  Why would the DHCP turn off?  I am trying to access the internet through a wireless network and on a parallel basis connect to the shared network group.

2). How do I download the HP Laserjet 1022 software drivers without being connected to the shared network and/or being connected to the printer?    Does it matter if I am using Windows 10 and the rest of the shared network group are using Windows 7 or 8?

Thank you for your assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

My printer is a HP Laserjet 1022

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to HP support forum. That is very simple given your printer supports wireless connection.

1. You simply use the first computer to set it up during installation its software and drivers from the CD which came with the printer. Test it and happy with it.
  2. After that use the SAME CD to install software and drivers on EACH computer, doesn't matter Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or Apple machine(s) an the SAME network. For those machines, the process is much simpler, only connect to the existing printer and no need to set it up again.

You may misplace the CD elsewhere. Please go to the following site to download software and drivers. Please remember: you have to run the dowload file (or files) on all computers.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-LaserJet-1000-Printer-series/439424/model/439431

Updated: My important question: What is your printer ? Is it an HP LaserJet 1022 printer (Q5912A) or HP LaserJet 1022n printer (Q5913A) or HP LaserJet 1022nw printer (Q5914A) ?

Because they are a bit old therefore the above steps may NOT work, printer wouldn't connect at all.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I attempted to download the printer drivers without being connected to the printer.   How can I confirm the HP Laserjet 1022 drivers ssuccessfully downloaded to my computer?  

HP Recommended

My printer is a HP Laserjet 1022

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.