Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Colour Laserjet Pro MFP M277dw
Other

Since updating to Mojave, cannot print PDF files to HP Colour Laserjet Pro MFP M277dw.  However, can print Word docs.  

The PDF file size is 791.1kb and is sent to email, so can see on other devices.  I was able to print this same PDF file from the iPad and also from our other Mac which runs High Sierra to the printer.

All three devices connect to the printer over Wifi.

I have installed the latest updates from HP site and still unable to print the 791.1kb PDF from Mojave Mac, however, have now just printed a 90kb PDF file, but still unable to print the 791.1kb PDF file.

Any other options, apart from upgrading to a hammer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Adrian561, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! 

I understand after updating your MAC to Mojave you have issues printing PDF's from your printer.

Don't worry I'll to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Are you able to make a copy from your printer?

Have you tried printing from a different application?

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps before reaching out to us.

Splendid analysis and remarkable patience shown. It is immensely appreciated.

Temporarily disable firewall software on the computer. 

Restart the computer, printer, and router

Restart the computer, printer, and router to resolve any network or communication error states.

NOTE:

The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections, and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before continuing.

1. Disconnect the power cord from the router.

2. Turn off the printer.

3. Close all running programs on your computer, including the HP software installation window, then shut down the computer.

4. Reconnect the power cord to the router, then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.

5. Turn on the printer.

6. Turn on the computer.

Also, try the steps recommended below.

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

Example of the Printers & Scanners window

2.) If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

4.) Confirm AirPrint displayed in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

5.) Open a document or photo, click File, and then click Print.

Lastly, try installing HP start on your MAC and check if it helps.

Update the drivers using this link. Click Here

Let me know if this helps! 
Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Adrian561, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! 

I understand after updating your MAC to Mojave you have issues printing PDF's from your printer.

Don't worry I'll to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Are you able to make a copy from your printer?

Have you tried printing from a different application?

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps before reaching out to us.

Splendid analysis and remarkable patience shown. It is immensely appreciated.

Temporarily disable firewall software on the computer. 

Restart the computer, printer, and router

Restart the computer, printer, and router to resolve any network or communication error states.

NOTE:

The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections, and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before continuing.

1. Disconnect the power cord from the router.

2. Turn off the printer.

3. Close all running programs on your computer, including the HP software installation window, then shut down the computer.

4. Reconnect the power cord to the router, then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.

5. Turn on the printer.

6. Turn on the computer.

Also, try the steps recommended below.

1.) Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

Example of the Printers & Scanners window

2.) If your printer is listed, click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer.

3.) Click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name.

4.) Confirm AirPrint displayed in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

5.) Open a document or photo, click File, and then click Print.

Lastly, try installing HP start on your MAC and check if it helps.

Update the drivers using this link. Click Here

Let me know if this helps! 
Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you MrRobot, this did work, the only part I had not tried before was turning off the router.  It was the eighth time of downloading HP Start, but followed your advice from top to bottom and I am now able to print the previously unprintable PDF files.

Thank you.  

HP Recommended

@Adrian561

I see that you were interacting with @MrRobot. I'd like to help.

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Good to know that the issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Worked like a chsrm for me too! THanks I was looking for a solution to this vexing problem for a while!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.