Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hello all,

I am having some difficulty trying to figure out if this is something that can even be addressed. 

I have 22 printers that are all showing up on the Qualys scan of having this vulnerability but how do you address this?

On a workstation or server, I can patch this or just create a registry key to disable renegotiation but how do you do that on printers? Some models do have TLS/SSL options that you can disable but some do not... I don't even know if all of the TLS protocols can be disabled. 

Please point me in the right direction if you have experienced this and much appreciated. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Chipperchoi

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

To help you further with this, let us know the Printer name.

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Betty,

This is a vulnerability coming up for multiple printers ranging from M series to P series printers (various models).

Some models do have the "wizard" where you can basically disable certain TLS versions but even with those, I don't think has any options to disable the renegotiation. 

HP Recommended

I would need to know the Printer name in detail as we need to see if these are consumer or commercial units and every Printer's configuration/setting is different.

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

These are a few models that we are seeing ths on.

M452nw
M477fnw
M402dw
P3015

HP Recommended

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That is really no help as you guys don't support out of warranty products. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.