Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was thinking about selling my HP laserjet P1102w, as it has hit 70,000 pages, and I was thinking that it would be breaking down at some point. Then I went online and found people talking about HP lasers, especially the legendary LJ 4, that would print 500,000 pages. But then these folks all said that more recent models won't make it that far.

That got me  wondering--for those of you who print a lot of pages, and keep your printers for a long time, which models were going to 200,000 pages and beyond? I print about 11K pages a year, so the printer drivers would probably be obsolete by then, but I do appreciate longevity. Which HP models go to 200,000 pages and up?

HP LaserJet p1102w
HP 15-ef2126wm
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

We have clients with 4250, m605 and M602 series printers with over 1.6 million pages. You cannot compare a 1100 series printer to a office workhorse printer. Keep in mind that the laserjet 4 likely sold for over 2000 dollars when new and your 1100 would be less than 400.00 dollars.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

1.6 million pages would be roughly 145 years usage from me. That's incredible.

I see your point about different levels of printers. I actually paid just $107.99 (out the door) for it when I bought this new 6 years ago. So yeah I'm not going to insist on 500,000 pages from it. But I am now hoping that I will at least top the 100,000 page mark (just over  70,000 now), and as long as the drivers work with Windows 10, or are updated, I'll keep on trucking along with it. Well thanks for chiming in with that info, and thanks for an earlier thread you helped me with a week or so ago.

HP LaserJet p1102w
HP 15-ef2126wm
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.