Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color Laserjet Pro MFP M277dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Like others, after updating my firmware the third party toner did not work. It's been a full year since this happen and I could only print black. The cost of HP original toner was near $ 400.00. Too much for me! However, today, 09-13-17, I was able to resolve the problem. Here's what I did;

1. First, I went to set up and allowed my printer to accept older firmware.

2. downloaded older firmware # 20150716 

3. Shutoff the function that will not allow non-HP toner;

Here is how that is done;

a. Main page; Setup

b.System Setup

c.Supply Settings

d. Cartridge Policy; click "off" to shut down this function. Now, restart your printer and you should be good to go.

Lastly, I purchased all four new color toner cartridges from SuppliesOutlet.com  for $ 135.00 all are the 2800 page capacity.  Now, the printer works perfectly. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi..

Since third party toner it will not compatibility in printer,please use HP Geniune toner to resolve the issue.

Since using third party toner causing problems hence HP dont suggest use third party toner.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"  

HP Recommended

I have a Laserjet Pro M203dw and thought it would accept third party toner since they work just as well as the manufacturer's toner. Now this machine has shut down and I figure I would have to pay about 170 dollars for HP's products.  Since the printer did not cost this much, and the printer can't use the Linkyo toner I bought, I am just going to dump this printer and cut my losses and use the Brother 2350  I have. At least I can get that one to work without shelling out a fortune to keep printing. 

HP Recommended

You can use third-party toners. I have a Color Laserjet Pro MFP M277dw. You can go to your settings menu under supply settings and turn off the cartridge policy. I used third-party toners all the time and have no problems whatsoever. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.