Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet 600 M602

Hi guyz,

Tray 2 lifting on HP LJ 600 M602? Can't get rid of the message.

I searched the web and I think (i think) its the lift driver. Not entirely sure however. Even if I place the tray back and use a screwdriver to manually lift the plate from the front, the message does not disappear. 

If I assume where the lift driver is (google is no help at this point), I cant seem to find a way to get to it. I think its near the middle on the right hand side where tray 2 goes.

Please see pictures provided.

Kind Regards,

Charllz.

Screenshot_20171110-104850.jpgtempFileForShare_20171110-110019.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Charlz,

Yes this is the lift driver you want to replace. You will have to follow removal procedures in steps as per the service manual, which we are not permitted to share. You will have to search the internet for it or have a qualified HP printer engineer service your printer.

Good luck

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Let me try.It seems like machine use a lift motor for the paper.try the folowing and hope it will solve your problem.

Cassette lift operation (PF) The lift-up operation keeps the stack surface of me dia in the paper feeder cassette at a specified position to perform stable pickup operation. The paper feeder driver drives the PF lifter motor (M1600) to move up the lifter plate in which media is stacked. The cassette lift-up operation for the paper fe eder is operated in the same way as that of the product base. The paper feeder driver monitors the PF media stack surface sensors (PS1601, PS1602) when the product is turned on, when the PF cassette is installed or during a print operation to perform the lift-up operation. Cassette lift operation (PF) 1. Initial lift-up operation The initial lift-up operation is performed if ei ther one of the PF media stack surface sensors (PS1601,PS1602) does not detect the media surface when the power is turned on or when the PF cassette is installed. The paper feeder dr iver drives the PF lifter motor for a specified period after both of the PF stack surface sensor s detect media and lifts the stack surface tot he pickup position. The paper feeder driver determines a PF lifter motor failure and notifies the DC controller if both of the PF media stack surface sensors do not detect media within a specified period from when a lift-up operation is started. 2. During print lift-up operation The during print lift-up operation is perfor med when the media surface is lowered for a specified level due to a pickup operation. The paper feeder driv er drives the PF lifter motor for a specified period and lifts the stack surfac e to the pickup position when the PF media stack surface 1 (PS1601) detects medi a absence during a print operation.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
HP Recommended

Sorry mate, that didn't make any sense at all. Seems to me your explaining what it is and not instructions. Appreciate the help, but I would like a solution to fix this. It is out of warranty too so either break it or fix it!

Regards,

Charllz

HP Recommended

Hi @Charlz,

Yes this is the lift driver you want to replace. You will have to follow removal procedures in steps as per the service manual, which we are not permitted to share. You will have to search the internet for it or have a qualified HP printer engineer service your printer.

Good luck

ALEX-TATS
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended

Hi Alex,

Appreciate the help, I will do just that. Would you be able to confirm if the lift driver is the one I've circled in the pictures?

Kind Regards,

Charllz 🙂

HP Recommended

Yes this is the one, but you will have to go there from the right side of the printer starting taking off the right cover and then step by step remove the lift drive assembly. Good luck!

ALEX-TATS
I am not a HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.