Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Send me a private message with your email and I will send you instructions in pdf form. I can not post or attach the document for public viewing.

HP Recommended

in response to the question "How would you break something that is sticking into tray 2 when changing a toner cartridge? " how is that a helpful response to fixing the situation.  The fact is that the sensor was broken and it happened directly after replacing the toner cartridge.  Whether or not it was the actual replacement of the toner cartridtge or due to some other failure should not prevent shedding light on how to get it fixed. 

Does someone at HP have a suggested fix or is the equipment considered cheap and disposable as opposed to repairing?

HP Recommended
Re: M402dn Tray 2 media sensor component part number

Send me a private message with your email and I will send you instructions in pdf form. I can not post or attach the document for public viewing.

davidzuts can you give me your contact info so you can send me the instructions?  Thank you

HP Recommended

When you are logged in click on my name and on the right side will be a contact me section and just click on the line to send user a private message. In your message give me an email where I can send insructions.

HP Recommended

I will try and give some ideas.If you have all the broken pieces maybe rebuilding the sensor can solve the problem.I had to do this a few times and found it to be the easiest way of getting the printer to work again.Even with the part no; sometimes it is not possible to get the part from the suppliers.Rebuilt the flag and try to solve the problem.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
HP Recommended

Hello,

Did you find the instruction on how to remove and replace the tray 2 sensor. I really would appreciate it.

With Thanks.

HP Recommended

Yes. message David Zuts.  He will email them to you.  I deleted the email b/c you have to take the printer apart to switch the sensor.  I ended up buying a new printer.

HP Recommended

Have the same issue, looking for proper procedure to remove and replace.  I found a repair manual but does not include this procedure.  I'd like to as if someone would be nice enough to please send me the manual being mentioned that is not readily available to public?

[Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.