Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet P3015

My HP Laserjet P3015 does not want to use tray 2. It says it has paper jams even if the is no jammed paper. For now I am currently using tray 1 but with its limiting factors i would like to go back to using tray 2.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Does the error show when you power on the printer or only after you try to print? Most common issue with this printer is a dirty or worn pickup roller. Remove the tray and look in the cavity, upper front for a black or grey roller. Worn rollers will have a very smooth surface instead of the fingerprint like ridges of a usable roller. The other problem we have seen is the tray not lifting the paper into position.  You can look through the back of the printer, lift the flap at the bottom edge, to make sure the tray is lifting properly.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

The error only shows when I try printing. Sometimes it only prints a few pages and then the error pops up again.

HP Recommended

Tray 2 Pickup Roller part# RM1-6323 or RM1-3763- both work

They are easy enough to replace, there are even videos online. Rarely the entire feed assembly has to be replaced, start with the roller. It should be a black or dark grey roller as Repairtrooper said, you'll probably note that it's coated with  paper dust- cleaning it might help.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.