Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP8150DN
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

HP 8150DN works fine but tray 3 will not latch when closed . Tray will not stay shut.

A black plastic part was laying under tray 3

What is the part and how can I get acess to repair it ?

photos of broken part are attached

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You will need to remove both trays use a flashlight and examine far back to the right interior of the printer for damaged paper input unit RG5-4334-000CN.

If you are unsure where to look post a photo of the interior of the printer without trays. You will probably need to replace the whole RG5-4334-000CN.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

You can swap trays to isolate is broken part from the tray or from the printer. 
Remove tray 3 use tray 2 and put in the printer on tray 3 place, if it latches broken part came from tray 3 and the tray is the problem. In worst case scenario if both trays will not latch your problem is in the printer.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

paper tray 3 is wider than paper tray 2 they will not interchange

I have a second 8150DN and when I switch paper trays both will work in second printer .

It is something broken off where paper tray 3 lactches onto printer body.

The manual does not show how to get access to the back of printer where paper tray latches into ptinter

When I do a search for "latch" it gives no results but "paper jam " gives over 50 pages !!

Bobby17

HP Recommended

You will need to remove both trays use a flashlight and examine far back to the right interior of the printer for damaged paper input unit RG5-4334-000CN.

If you are unsure where to look post a photo of the interior of the printer without trays. You will probably need to replace the whole RG5-4334-000CN.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Valsimot

I got the directions on how to remove the PIU from the service manual.

Will let you know what I find when I get the PIU out

Thank You

HP Recommended

I am in the process of removing the PIU for trays 2 and 3

According to the service manual the tray 1 pick up unit has to be removed first

on page 298 of the service manual #1 i have removed the front cover

on the same page #2 says remove the rear cover

is the rear cover the same thing as the  metal back cover ?

if not can someone post a disgram showing where the rear cover is ?

thank you

HP Recommended

Rear cover is the big metal back cover.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

In the service manual HP calls it a rear cover and a back cover

I found the problem ... gonna need a new PIU for tray 2 and 3

GEDC2456.JPGGEDC2455.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.