Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I printed a booklet once on my new HP 8600 and did not save the settings.  Now I cannot recreate them.  In fact there are three places to set variables: those that come up in Word when you choose Print; those that are in Page Setup; and those that are unique to the printer.  Unfortunately I cannot tell which of those three sets are saved with the document, nor which are causing my problem now.

HP Recommended

Just to clarify, are you saying that the HP 8600 Officjet Pro plus does not support duplex printing on legal size paper? Can you please tell me why? Because on of the main reasons I bought the Pro plus as opposed to just the pro was because of the support for printing legal sized paper and duplex printing.

HP Recommended

I am printing on letter size.  These are the three places the choices must be made:

Printer properties: Print on both sides, Landscape orientation (I use letter size, but why not legal?)

Page setup:Multiple pages: book fold, Landscape (forced), Sheets per booklet (All or your choice)

HP Officejet etc. Document Properties: Landscape, Flip on short edge, Front to Back, 1 page per sheet

(do not use HP's booklet settings)

Good luck!

HP Recommended

This should be explicitly made clear on the data sheets for the printer. Even the sales people at places like Staples have no idea the machines WILL NOT DUPLEX LEGAL SHEETS. The information sheet says they print letter and legal and they can duplex. They DON'T say the duplex function is ONLY for letter size sheets. There's absolutely know wxcuse for not providing this essential information clearly. The salesperson I dealt with ws very sure these would duplex legal size sheets because that's what is clearly implied by the specifications provided. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.