Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I am unable to locate and print a US shipping label to recycle maintenance kits. It does not appear on the drop down list. I noticed the Canada site has the option in the drop down list. HELP! I have about 5 to return for recycle.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi @JoeMiller,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I came across your post and want to help you. I understand you are having issues related to HP Printers. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

I have found a wonderful document which will guide you through: Product return & recycling

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue trying to print a pre-paid label.  Every option I select either gives me an option to Order a Box, a Prepaid Envelope, or a pallet.  The drop down wont display "Print Shipping Label".  I have 3 Maintenance Kits I’d rather recycle instead of throwing it in the trash.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Similar to JoeMiller I noticed that only Canada has the option to print a return label.  US does not.  If someone from HP tries it they will see what we are talking about.

Though I got the response to call HP from my earlier post telling me to call 1-800-318-6034 they said they could not help me and to try 1-800-474-6836.  That number tells me to go to the support website or try calling 1-800-334-5144.  Upon calling them I was on hold for 1 hour before hanging up.

I have a number of used maintenance kits from LaserJet M605 printers that I would like to recycle.

Is there really no help through this forum?

HP Recommended

The document is not wonderful. It takes me to the same place I have been trying. There is no option from the drop down menu for maintenance kits like there is on the Canadian website. Can you please look and see where it is that I can print a return label for recycle of theses kitsUS site.JPGCanadian site.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi @JoeMiller,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have tried the steps suggested and still having the issue. I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@JoeMiller

I just talked to HP via a chat session and they told me that if the option to print a label doesnt pop up it means the option isnt available in that country and taking to local recycle center is your best option.

So printing prepaid shipping labels for recycling in the whole United States isnt something they doing anymore?

I personally think its a mistake on the website but nobody wants to deal with it.

Im disappointed that this use to be easier when they put the label in the box.

HP Recommended

I agree with @JoeMiller, the "wonderful document" is not wonderful.  It's not even a document...

It's a link to the same Product return & recycling webpage where we are unable to print a return label.

It's quite redundant and inefficient to have to order a separate box and shipping label when previously we could just print a label and send the kit back in the original box.

I also called support at their Recycling dept. and was told that recycled maintenance kits need to be dropped off at an authorized location.  Guess I'll be dumping this old kit in a trash can then..

HP Recommended

I was having this same problem/frustrations. I called HP support and, after being passed around a few times, was told that they no longer accept returns for anything other than ink. I now have a toner collection bottle and maintenance kit that they say has to just be thrown out. Way to be green, HP.

HP Recommended

Yet again, HP support fails miserably.

The HP post within this thread suggests that HP themselves don't know or understand why transfer kits/maintenance kits are no longer recyclable. 

I was brought to this thread because I was searching frantically for WHY I couldn't print out a prepaid label to recycle my transfer kit.  HP support is so awful, I felt compelled to create an account specifically for this one thread.  

Good job, HP.  I'm throwing away a part that you used to accept.  You don't acknowledge it, nor do you explain why.  If my employer didn't support you so much, I would NEVER EVER USE OR RECOMMEND ANY OF YOUR PRODUCTS.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.