Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M15w
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Just purchased an HP LaserJet Pro M15w printer.  My dilemma is that I want to print only using the USB cable as the walls in my house are thick and it can be difficult for my mobile phone to connect at times, depending on where dI am standing.  So I do not want to have a problem like this with my printer. I last purchase a basic Brother printer and the USB connection was fine for the printer.

Can you help me with just connecting the HP LaserJet Pro M15w printer with USB CABLE ONLY.

The other thing is the buttons to start printing are 1) Wii-Fi, 2) Attention LED 3) Power button/Ready LED

4) Resume/Cancel button.  How would I start printing with the USB cable and press which button to start?

Many thanks.  I have been researching for two days now so thought it best to as the HP Community.

Helen

PS:  I'm not good with abbreviated text.  Not really a technical person.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have instructions to install printer via USB connection only.

• The model is HPLaser Jet Pro m15w. I have Mac Os High ,Sierra 10.3
  • Could someone who is au fait with my query please avail themselves a little time to advise which button on the printer would I press to start printing via USB cable only.
  • I have thick walls in the house making WiFi unsuitable.

I sincerely look forward to some help from Hewlett Packard in this matter.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@this-Q_ 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05940348#AbT2

It has

Ports
Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port; built-in Wifi 802.11b/g/n
Wireless capability
Yes

Therefore you can use USB connection only to your computer. Please use Easy Start on the following link to install your printer.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-m14-m17-printer-series/16647043/mod...

USB cable probably is not on the box, you have to buy it

prt cable.png 

Officeworks stocks them

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/c/technology/cables-chargers/networking-computer-cab...

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you BH. I will try your solution.  When I purchased the HP LaserJetPro printer I asked to only connect via USB cable. The cable was in the box at Officeworks.  As I have Mac OS I think that might be more complex as the Windows seems to be easier.

HP Recommended

Dear BH, could you advise also which button to press to start printing?  The text is in my query.  With thanks, Helen

HP Recommended

I have instructions to install printer via USB connection only.

• The model is HPLaser Jet Pro m15w. I have Mac Os High ,Sierra 10.3
  • Could someone who is au fait with my query please avail themselves a little time to advise which button on the printer would I press to start printing via USB cable only.
  • I have thick walls in the house making WiFi unsuitable.

I sincerely look forward to some help from Hewlett Packard in this matter.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.