Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet MFP M31W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI

I have recently purchased HP Laserjet MFP M31w. I was able to setup the printer via USB however wireless connection setup is not successful. Tried removing everything, resetting the printer and installing again but didn't help either. Have used Print and Scan Doctor app to troubleshoot and fix the issue but haven't been successful.  

Could someone help me with a solution to this problem. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@m31w

Hello,

Make sure that your computer and the printer are connected to the same wireless network with the 2.4 GHz frequency.

As a first step, please follow the instructions on the HP link HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28-M31 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows).

Please use the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28-M31 Full Software and Drivers  to install the printer.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

@Mans wrote:

@m31w

Hello,

Make sure that your computer and the printer are connected to the same wireless network with the 2.4 GHz frequency.

As a first step, please follow the instructions on the HP link HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28-M31 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows).

Please use the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28-M31 Full Software and Drivers  to install the printer.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

@Mans

Thank you for providing the steps to setup. I would clarify that the printer works when connected via USB cable however the wireless setup is creating issue. I have every listed steps on the website and haven't been able to setup yet.

Under "Printers & Scanners", i see "NPI6BA650 (HP Laserjet MFP 31w)" but it also specified "Driver is unavailable". Its not the case with "HP Laserjet MFP M28-M31" which is connected via USB cable. 

What do you think is the issue or reason why driver is not available?

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

Thank you for providing the steps to setup. I would clarify that the printer works when connected via USB cable however the wireless setup is the one creating issues. I have tried every listed steps on the website but haven't been able to setup yet.

Under "Printers & Scanners", i see "NPI6BA650 (HP Laserjet MFP 31w)" but it also reads "Driver is unavailable". Its not the case with "HP Laserjet MFP M28-M31" which is connected via USB cable. 

What do you think is the issue or reason why driver is not available? Or how can i install the missing driver. 

It's really challenging to reach out HP customer service (not a Bot). 

Thanks for your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.