Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Surface GoPro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, each time, my boss print from her surface and the printing was stuck in the printing queue.

Tried to set both laptop print preference and physical printer setting as Tray 2 --> A4 size only. Same issue too.

It will not happen to any other Windows laptop users. Only 1 particular - Surface laptop user.

Error on physical printer display --> Unexpected Paper Size. Load Oficio in Tray 2. Press [OK] to continue.

Printer Model:  HP Color Laserjet MFP M280nw.

please advise if anyone face the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Either her driver or application is set to print to Officio size and the printer waits. This is normal behavior and you need to adjust the settings on the Surface. Has nothing to do with the printer itself.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hello @Repairatrooper,

The problem still exists and come back after a day. Feedback from my user.

I have checked - the setting remains the same.

Printer - Error message:

Printer Issue -.jpg

Now its happening to another Windows User. which are not Surface.

Laptop Model:  HP Probook G4 - Windows 10 Pro platform.

Either we set it as Auto or manually configured as "Plain" and "A4". it is the same as well result as well.

Printer - Setting - Good.JPG

Please advise as my bosses very disappointed with the HP product now. The quality drop drastically.

We have no confidence in the HP products.

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.