Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LJ Enterprise 506DN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings all,

I've got this LJ Enterprise 506DN at work that is producing random 'folds' at the top centre of printouts.

I did 24 test page prints and then it happened on like the 20th and 23rd page.

I just replaced both the pick up roller and paper separator(the separator was clearly worn) but the problem happens when printing from Tray 2.

Any other suggestions on where to dig into this?  It's so intermittent and there are no odd noises to indicate an obvious mechanical problem, but clearly something is grabbing the paper as it goes through the printer.

IMG_0276.JPG

The users are using 75g paper (which is in the light range of requirements).  There are many other 506DNs around the office that use the same paper without the issue.

I've also cleaned the pickup rollers in Paper Tray 2.  I just test printed another 30 pages and it did it once.  So annoying random.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Make sure that nothing is caught in the paper path between the tray and the registration assembly. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I've taken as much apart as I can see and there is nothing stuck anywhere.  This is just frustrating, especially since it's intermittent/random with zero observable ways to see how it's even happening.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.