Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What is the passphrase? I attempted to enter what Verizon FIOS (my ISP) calls "Wi-Fi Password" into the Wireless Setup Wizard, but the password is apparently too long by one character.

After I select my Network Name, which appears in the Wizard routine, I enter a passord with the following parameters (though this NOT my real password):

*  ger123man234town

But when I check what was entered, I see this:

*  ger123man234ton

The "w" is being overwritten by the final "n." So it seems as though the HP "Passphrase" has a 15-character max. But my FIOS Wi-Fi Password is 16 characters.

I had this very same printer working via Wireless for a year and a half using the same ISP Wi-Fi Password, but since getting a new laptop, I cannot connect the LaserJet to my network.

How do I resolve this? And if the "Passphrase" is different from my "Wi-Fi Password," why is information about the Passphrase not readily available in your online support?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Wakawaka

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you have an HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw and your password for the wireless network does not fit in. Apparently, your password is of 16 characters and it takes only the 15 characters. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

I recommend you to perform a factory defaults on the printer. The following steps will help:

Now, you may once again try to connect the printer to the wireless network and enter the password when prompted.

If the issue persists then please contact your ISP and check if you have a WEP/WPA/WPA2 encryption for the wireless network. This information will help us to further troubleshoot the issue.

Please feel free to let me know how it goes. I'll be glad to assist you. 

Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Wakawaka

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you have an HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw and your password for the wireless network does not fit in. Apparently, your password is of 16 characters and it takes only the 15 characters. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

I recommend you to perform a factory defaults on the printer. The following steps will help:

Now, you may once again try to connect the printer to the wireless network and enter the password when prompted.

If the issue persists then please contact your ISP and check if you have a WEP/WPA/WPA2 encryption for the wireless network. This information will help us to further troubleshoot the issue.

Please feel free to let me know how it goes. I'll be glad to assist you. 

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

I had the same issue in my HP Officejet 4630 and I solved it.

My Menu is in Italian so it might be that Yours in English is somehow differently described.

The required passphrase can be viewed on the printer’s display selecting:

• Direct wireless
  • Show password
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.