01-09-2019 07:32 AM
My HP M252dw printer screen is white following a brief power outage. Have tried unplugging and holding down start button but no luck. Any other options to consider? Also have a an M225dw but that one re-started with no issues.
01-10-2019 12:27 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.
Let's perform a reset on this Printer:
For the next course of action, I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
12-17-2019 08:50 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Let's try a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168
Also, make sure the Printer is connected directly to the wall outlet.
Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
If the issue still persists, we'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.
Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
I am an HP Employee