Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M225dw
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I have tried several different times to get the printer to be recognized on the wifi. At one point from a PC in the office, the HP software identified the internet address of the printer but at the next stage, it could not find the printer. Using HP Easy Start software, I tried to hook it up on the Mac. When I try to hook it up via Wifi, it can not find the printer. I have set up the printer on the wifi network using the menu on the printer itself. When I print the test page, it verifies good connection to the wifi. I simply can't get any of the computers in the office to see the printer on the network.

None of the software from HP is able to successfully complete to a connection with the printer from the computer end.

I'm baffled. It seems as if everythign is set up and should work but we can't make a connection.

Any thoughts on what to try.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@HAAS_Cares,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the printer was working fine?
  • Are you able to print from other devices? ( Like Windows PC or phone)
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The printer itself works just fine but remains inaccessible to our new wifi setup.

I am able to print to the printer via cable from whatever computer to which it is connected. 

I am able to print to the printer if I put it on a different WiFi connection but not on our new office wifi.

The only software changes have been downloading the HP software drivers for the printer to try to make the connection to the wifi. It was working with existing drivers on the computer before but I wanted to have the ability to run the scanner from the computer so I downloaded and installed the software drivers from the HP website.

I have performed many troubleshooting steps up to this point. 

From the menu on the printer: 

Checked to verify that it is connected to the wifi. ----- It is.

From the Wifi menu on the printer, ran a wireless test. 

Wireless On = Pass

Wireless working = Pass

Network Name (SSID) Found = Pass

Security = Pass

Printer settings consistent with wireless router settings = Pass

No Filtering = Pass

Connected = Pass

Signal Strength = Excellent

Other Networks Detected Matching Your Network Name (SSID) = No

Wireless Networks Detected = 17

Disconnect Count Total = 1

Disconnect Count (Last 24 Hours) = 0

Disconnect Count (Last Hour) = 0

Channel = 11

Troubleshooting:

No problems found. Congratulations on successfully setting up your HP wireless pinter.

Then configuration information for our network.

However, I cannot get ANY of our computers to find the printer on the network.

If you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@HAAS_Cares

It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 

Office network will have several IT restrictions. I believe you have to contact your office IT and ask them to allow the printer on the network. Once the printer is allowed on the office network, other devices connected to the same network should be able to detect the network connected printer.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks. This is a three person office. I am the IT support person. I have a BS in computer science. I am good at troubleshooting. I am trying to figure out why one part of the HP software can recognize the printer and spit back its IP address while another part of the HP software can't locate the printer at all. 

If this doesn't work, I'll try the Brother printer instead and hope that their software is a bit more robust.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@HAAS_Cares

You are welcome! Since you are sure that there no restriction set for the printer on your office network. It could be the router or applications that's blocking the printer.

What's the make and model of your WiFi router?

Do you have any antivirus software installed on your Mac?

Do you have a 5GHz network enabled on your WiFi router?

Approximately how far is the printer located from the WiFi router?

Could you check for WiFi interference and also perform a ping test using the Mac Network Utility and let me know the results. Use the printer IP address to perform a ping test, the printer IP can be located by touching the wireless icon on the printer display.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.