Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have an x576dw and after every few days of use all of the lights flash together (Power light and control panel lights).  I have to power cycle the unit with the front power switch to restore communications.  Is it entering a sleep mode or something and what can I do to stop it?

Cheers,

Mark.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Suggest you check for the lastest firmware as the error you are seeing was addressed in the most recent version. Do you have your printer setup for auto-updates of Firmware? Please let me know what version you are on and I can help.

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I have the latest version of firmware.

HP Recommended

We have the same problem.  We have powered the printer off with the button on the front and have also unplugged the power cord.  At this point we don't have the option of hitting the left arrow button to find out what version of "Firmware" is installed.   Everything just keeps flashing immediately after turning unit back on.

HP Recommended

Hello there, 🙂

To get your issue more exposure, I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since your product is a commercial product. You can do this at Commercial Forums.

Enjoy your day!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Bureacratic response.

HP Recommended

Hello all! I too have experienced the dreaded Blue Screen of Death dealing with this particular printer. All lights flashing Pagewide Pro x576dw rapidly because of a real hardware related fault. Blue Screen Error indicates the following codes: C4EBAxxx. These error code sequence may return multiple failure codes: C4EBAA741, C4EBA63D, C4EBA7CD etc. 

This error condition indicates that there is a fault with the Scanner, Scanner Light, or Scanner Motor. So copy functions will not work, nor will scan functions work. Additionally, you may notice, if you can get the unit to start normally, that it will print fine, but may run into problems with any functions related to the Automatic Document Feeder/Scanner Assembly.

Please refer to the following links for the Troubleshoot Manual, and the Repair Manual respectively.

http://www.partsnow.com/docs/service-manuals/Officejet%20Pro%20X476%20X576%20Troubleshooting%20Manua...

http://www.partsnow.com/docs/service-manuals/Officejet%20Pro%20X476%20X576%20Repair%20manual.pdf

Step 1:

Disconnect any Ethernet cables,

Step 2:

Bypass ther normal diagnostic startup sequence by opening the Document Feeder door. The unit should start normally with an error that the Automatic Document Feeder door is open.

Step 3:

Close the automatic document door and Navigate the menu to Restore Factory Default Settings through the Tools/Options menu

Step 4:

After completing the Factory Reset, Open the scanner lid and try to copy anything. Pay particular attention to if the scanner light is flickering or not on at all.

Step 5: If Step 4 is TRUE, turn unit off and disconnect all power chords. If Step 4 is FALSE, Contact HP Technical Support.

Step 6: 

Press and HOLD the Power Button for 60 seconds to allow for full power drain

Step 7:

Refer to Service Manual above for instructions on removing the REAR COVER, ADF and Scanner Bed Glass assembly. 

Step 8:

Reseat all ribbon cables from the PCA Board to the actual scanner light carriage assembly. Pay particular attention to the ribbon connector in the scanner assembly tray, as well as the ribbon connector tucked underneath the ADF mount.

Step 9: Re-assemble the printer according the the Technical Service Manual above.

Step 10: Test by reconnecting power. 

Worked for us! Good Luck!

Theo

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.