Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet 1160
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

A small white plastic part to do with try 1 has become dislodged from my 1160 printer and I need to find out where it fits back. I need a part drawing or someone at HP to tell me where it goes. --in a kind way 11604.jpg Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Nothing there looks broken to me, you are only missing a screw. Does the printer work from tray 1 and tray 2?

You can download the service manual and take a look at the drawings.

https://www.printertec.com.br/arquivos_download/1160.pdf 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Do you have a picture of the piece? Your picture shows the left side of the registration assembly with a screw removed. Did I miss something?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. This is the part that became loose, I cannot see this part or where it belongs in the datasheet manual. I know the end part broke off some time ago but it did not stop the printer from working from tray 2 (the bottom try)  but did stop top feed into tray 1. So, it has to do with paper feed in tray 1(the left side of the registration assembly)

If I could see a picture of a 1160 left side of the registration assembly it should show me where it belongs.

1160 part1.jpg

HP Recommended

Here is a picture from the service manual, there is no part that looks like that near the registration assembly which is what you show here.

Repairatrooper_0-1613412162609.png

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you, that was helpful, let me tell you what I think this white plastic part does for its living but, I may be wrong.

It's something to do with stopping the lower try (try 2) picking up paper when you are feeding paper into the top try (I think this is try 1)  ??? 

So what stops the lower try from picking up the paper when you are feeding paper into the top try ?

Thank you again

HP Recommended

If that is the case then that part quite possibly from the tray 2 cavity and not from the registration assembly as you first suspected. I will have a look at one of your 1320's when I have a chance and see if I can see where it might be. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.