Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
laserjet pro m12w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

for 2 years i was able to print through eprint until next week . Suddendly stopped working. i tried to enable web services again

but says " Connection error. Check Internet connection".

i' have the latest firmware updated

firmware datecode 20180202

i reseted the printer , i deleded the software and instaled it again,

i changed the ipv4 settings to manual , DNS ports to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 but nothing happens.

i' ve tested to 3 different networks and from 2 different laptops but without any success. WHAT is going on?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

can someone help?

HP Recommended

Hi @mtzar

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand the ePrint feature is not working on the printer. I'd be happy to assist you.

Restart the Wireless router and the printer.

Confirm Web Services is enabled on the printer.

Print a network configuration or self-test page to obtain the printer IP address, and then enter it in a web browser address bar to open the Embedded Web Server. Click the Web Services tab to turn on the feature.

Go to Turning On Web Services for more information.

If the issue persists, perform steps 2 and 3 from this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The printer is connected via wifi with my laptop. thiw is not the problem.

The problem is that i cannot enable the web services. I restarted the router , the laptop and the printer

Nothing helps

HP Recommended

This issue has nothing to do with the computer you are using, if you are getting a connection issue then the problem lies with either your router or the printer. If you recently turned on wireless direct printing that might be the issue as not all printers support wireless direct and WiFi connection to a network at the same time. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

i didn't say that the issue has to do with the computer i'm using.

i tried the printer to three different routers

I still cannot enable web services. They were enabled for a long time until some days ago.

and i didn't turned on wireless direct printing it is disabled.

i get the error " Connection error. Check Internet connection".

HP Recommended

whatever changes i have made i can not enable web services

HP Recommended

ok! As it seems nobody is able to help to this problem, i have searched all this forum to find a solution and i understood that neither the hp technicians can solve this . Many people have the same issue and the answers you are giving are copy paste without  being able to help hp customers. You only care about selling new printers. Thanks for nothing

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.