Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
cp5225dn
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hello,

I am trying to install the latest 2014 firmware on my cp5225dn laserprinter.

I have downloaded the file/program but when i want to install it, I get an error which says that the printer is busy and i have to wait until the printer is finished or i have to check the control panel of the printer.

The printer is not busy, the control panel says it is ready.

What can i do? 

the hp firmware update program sees my printer, sees the present and the new firmware, but i just cannot get it in the printer ????

Please help ?

gr. Wim 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I am really sorry about that. I would like to help you more on this but I don't know much about Macs. Maybe another guy will shed some light on this. But this is the way how I do it and I know it works for me.

Sorry again

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Are you able to print to the printer?  If not then some issue exists that you must resolve. In either case you will likely need to try a cold reset on the printer.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Yes, I can print everything. The printer has no issues except for some kind of pdf's or logo's.

Some logo's are printed very bad and i  have one invoice that is send as pdf which does not print at all.

Other things are printed perfect. No issues...so i thought...I will update the firmware, but that just does not work.

Cold start does not help either.

HP Recommended

Hi Bakkertje9,

Download the file: cljCP5225fw_20140619.5.rfu

If link does not work go there: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/pfirmware

Then make your printer shared.

Then open a command prompt console and write the following command:

copy /b <drag and drop the .rfu file> \\<computer name>\<printer's shared name>

I hope this may help,

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended

Hi Alex-TATS,

Thank you for your help.

I think it might be the solution but i am not so educated to work in the terminal. I have tried to do it but every time i do it the terminal gives me an error.

This is the command i wrote 

copy /b Users/wim/Downloads/cljCP5225fw_20140619.5.rfu\\macbook\laserjet

It results in: 

-bash: copy: command not found

What did I do wrong ?

gr. Wim 

HP Recommended

It should be like that:

C:\Users\Alex>copy /b C:\Users\Alex\cljCP5225fw_20140619.5.rfu \\myPC\CP5225dn

Careful about the spaces 

I hope this helps,

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
I am not a HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi Alex-TATS,

Thanks again, but i am afraid i am still doing something wrong. 

Here is how i tried : 

macbook:~ wim$ copy /b C:\Users\wim\downloads\cljCP5225fw_20140619.5.rfu \\MacBook\laserjet

It results in: 

When i try : 

macbook:~ wim$ C:\Users\wim>copy /b C:\Users\wim\downloads\cljCP5225fw_20140619.5.rfu \\MacBook\laserjet

it results in exactly the same:

I copy and pasted your line of code and adjusted in my name and folder but it still does not help.

Am i soo foolish i cannot even copy and adjust the code or is there something else going on ?

I want to thank you for all your effort !

gr. Wim (from Holland 👍🏻)

HP Recommended

I am really sorry about that. I would like to help you more on this but I don't know much about Macs. Maybe another guy will shed some light on this. But this is the way how I do it and I know it works for me.

Sorry again

ALEX-TATS
I am not a HP employee
HP Recommended

Aha !

perhaps iT Will work in a windows environment.

I can do that too, but iT Will take a day or two before i have time for that.

i Will update before the end of this week👍🏻

Thanks again Alex-TATS !!

HP Recommended

I promissed to give an update.

I tried to update on a windows computer and it worked perfect !

No need to open the console, just downloaded the file and installed it without any problems.

To be sure i checked the internal printer website and it said that the firmware had upgraded to 20140619 😊

Conclusion: for updating firmware on a HP printer Windows is a must.....but after updating I am happy to turn back to my Mac environment 😉

Thanks for the help 👍🏻👍🏻

gr. Wim  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.