Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M130nw or LasetJet Pro MFP M148dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Do either of these printers require you to input a WPS passphrase when connecting to Wifi?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying @shockwaveriderz 

Both devices also support HP Auto Wireless Connect, meaning that both can be connected from a wireless connected device without a USB cable, either from a computer or a mobile device.

First, restore the network settings to enable auto wireless connect.

For the both models, navigate the Setup menu by pressing the Setup (wrench) button, using the right or left keys locate Network Settings and then press OK.

locate Restore Network Settings and press OK, be sure to confirm any prompt and allow the printer to restart .

From a wirelessly connected computer  or mobile device use the HP Smart app as listed under ‘‘Connect a printer that does not have a touchscreen control panel > Step 2: Connect the printer with the HP Smart app’ below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05987925

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hI,

Both models will require to provide a WPA security passphrase if your router is configured to require such. unless you use other connection methods such as WPS, which does not require to type the passphrase.

If I may misunderstand your original intention, I will appreciate your clarification.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Ok, let me clarify. What I'm asking is : If you have a router that has no WPS push-button function on it, as more and more routers don't have, will you be able to connect wirelessly to those printers without using WPS......Or do I have to first connect with USB and then do  the change from usb to wireless?  I have a WPA2 password of course for my wifi network ssid. 

In my previous post I sais WPA where I meant WPS.

HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying @shockwaveriderz 

Both devices also support HP Auto Wireless Connect, meaning that both can be connected from a wireless connected device without a USB cable, either from a computer or a mobile device.

First, restore the network settings to enable auto wireless connect.

For the both models, navigate the Setup menu by pressing the Setup (wrench) button, using the right or left keys locate Network Settings and then press OK.

locate Restore Network Settings and press OK, be sure to confirm any prompt and allow the printer to restart .

From a wirelessly connected computer  or mobile device use the HP Smart app as listed under ‘‘Connect a printer that does not have a touchscreen control panel > Step 2: Connect the printer with the HP Smart app’ below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05987925

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.