Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shockwaveriderz
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

does either the Laserjet MFP M148dw OR LaserJet Pro MFP M130nw require WPA to connect to WiFi?

LaserJet Pro MFP M130nw or LasetJet Pro MFP M148dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Do either of these printers require you to input a WPS passphrase when connecting to Wifi?

TIA

3 REPLIES 3
Level 16
Level 16
25,638 25,368 4,547 9,894
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

does either the Laserjet MFP M148dw OR LaserJet Pro MFP M130nw require WPA to connect to WiFi?

hI,

Both models will require to provide a WPA security passphrase if your router is configured to require such. unless you use other connection methods such as WPS, which does not require to type the passphrase.

If I may misunderstand your original intention, I will appreciate your clarification.

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
shockwaveriderz
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Ok, let me clarify. What I'm asking is : If you have a router that has no WPS push-button function on it, as more and more routers don't have, will you be able to connect wirelessly to those printers without using WPS......Or do I have to first connect with USB and then do  the change from usb to wireless?  I have a WPA2 password of course for my wifi network ssid. 

In my previous post I sais WPA where I meant WPS.

0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
25,638 25,368 4,547 9,894
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for clarifying @shockwaveriderz 

Both devices also support HP Auto Wireless Connect, meaning that both can be connected from a wireless connected device without a USB cable, either from a computer or a mobile device.

First, restore the network settings to enable auto wireless connect.

For the both models, navigate the Setup menu by pressing the Setup (wrench) button, using the right or left keys locate Network Settings and then press OK.

locate Restore Network Settings and press OK, be sure to confirm any prompt and allow the printer to restart .

From a wirelessly connected computer  or mobile device use the HP Smart app as listed under ‘‘Connect a printer that does not have a touchscreen control panel > Step 2: Connect the printer with the HP Smart app’ below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05987925

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation