Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Just bought a 5510 B111a & spent the last 3 hours trying to set the thing up.  I'm getting error error 0x6100000b problem with printer or ink system.  This is stating the bleeding obvious...how do I fix it?  (a) Switch it on & off or (b) contact HP (a) my pet retriever could come up with a more enlightened suggestion (b) more chance of finding Lord Lucan. 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi colin_smith,

Open the printer top cover and make sure there is nothing blocking the carriage.

Follow the steps below.

1. Remove the Cartridges and Print head assembly

2. Power off the unit, and remove all the cables including the power cable

3. Leave the printer off for 1 to 2 mintues

4. Plug the printer back in, and make sure that the power cable is plugged directly into the wall outlet

5. Wait for the printer to ask you to reinstall the cartridges and print head assemble.

Let me know what happens?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

i have the same error but  in hp deskjet ink advantage 3525 e-all-in-one and i've followed your instructions but the problem still exists... 

what can i do?? please help me

HP Recommended

Hi nana-1433,

Can you manually move the print mechanism to the center of the printer when it is powered off?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

The following message appears:

printer failure

there is a problem with the printer or ink system

HP Recommended

Hi nana-1433,

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836 for this hardware error message. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Ik heb bij meerdere printer de fout opgelost met de foutcode 0x6100000b

het probleem zit in het schoonmaak gedeelte achter de ruststand

daar zit een opvangbakje / schoonmaak gedeelte wat los is geschoten of niet juist is gemonteerd indien de printer het probleem van af de fabriek heeft

het probleem is op te lossen door de bovenkant van de printer los te schroeven

daarna de baan waar de printkoppen op heen er weer glijden te verwijderen

rechts boven in de hoek zit dan het probleem

door deze nettjes los te maken en op de juiste manier weer te bevestigen is het probleem opgelost

is doorgaans een scharnierpunt van de opvang bak losgeschoten

tevens is er ook het veertje los

HP Recommended

I am in the same boat as you. I've even gone so far as to buy new ink cartridges, but no luck. This is getting old very fast.

HP Recommended

Hallo. Kerncom

Where did the spring (veer) come lose. I think that is why I got the same error message 0X6100000b. I took the cartridge bed that slides on the roler bar out and cleaned it. I think that the spring is not put back on the right place. Would you be able to assist

HP Recommended

Hi, I get the same error 0x6100000b and it happened right after I disarmed the printer head for cleaning. In my case I noticed that the printer head now can be moved to the center, but before when it was working well it was only loose to move freely when the printer would move it to the midle after opening the printer, but locked if opened while the printer was off. Wel now is loose all the time. I suspect this may have to do with it. Any idea what went wrong during cleaning. I thought I had done everything correctly.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.